Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh my Gosh... i totally forgot!

There's Something in the WATER!!!!!
This shark is one of my most dramatic poses for my sharks, When i got to this point i was trying to see how many times i could bend him. Looking at it now, i am thinking of even more shapes to bend him in. Even his appendages... im gunna start trying to bend their fins now i think.







To the right, these are some of the Sharks that I started with. I was doodling and they just kinda developed. I am trying to give them a different looks with personality..... i think the difference between these and the one above is very different when it comes to the silhouette.


When i was working at the theme parks and a kid wanted to be riding a shark i kinda just would do a simple shark, i had never really looked at them before. then i took a look, by accident, at some sketches some of my co-workers from a "sea world" type park were drawing and saw all the different kinds of sharks they would draw. It came to me randomly recently. I just started drawing the same normal shark, not these....

I have kinda been playing with creating different textures just with a lead pencil, it seems to be working, i forgot how great value works!

I started googling pics of sharks and little by little the sharks started to take on a different kind of look. looking at the different species and even mixing and matching different parts led me down an even different road.





This sharks below, I drew when I first started to play with different shapes for the different different parts of the shark.



And just when I thought that I'de like to push it even more, i remembered, one of my friends is always trying to make me simplify my sketches so I thought I would try. the pics that foloow are those.

















So between all these new developments, I'm debating on which route to take. They are all interesting and many paths to go down. Im just gunna draw and see what happens, Any thoughts?


1 comment:

A.M.Bush said...

Great sharks Robby, lots of personality.